Sukhena technologies follow JIT/LP ‘Just In Time and Lean Production’ philosophy in its expertise and solution offerings to its customers and it recognizes that effective product realization requires flexibility and leanness (i.e. Agility) across the whole process of ‘ design to manufacturing’, achieving this is the main challenges for any product developer (OEM’s) and service provider (Suppliers) in the new millennium. Sukhena extensively utilizes following enablers in its product development process.
Any product’s development and manufacturing cost is largely determined by decisions taken during the initial phase (stage) of the design. Early simulation can significantly guide conceptual design, even before detailed geometry is firmed. Efficient use of simulation tools at the concept level enables the right design options in order to balance key performance attributes and avoid extensive troubleshooting in the prototype phase.
Sukhena engineers are continuously involved in full-vehicle and subsystem development programs, and have gained vast experience with automotive development processes and practices. Through technology deployment programs, Sukhena enables customers to implement innovative processes and advance their capability& capacity to carefully balance functional vehicle performance requirements.
Served by techniques that feed forward, into the design stage, the relevant information about the potential downstream consequences of decisions made early on in the product’s design process. The downstream consequences include the product’s manufacture and its subsequent use by customers in the market place. Early design decisions therefore ripple throughout the whole business organization. Defining quality as meeting (and exceeding) the needs and expectations of customers gives us a way to start to address about the product’s design in relation to the customers perception.
Vehicle Design - Overview
There are 10 key tends of IPPD
- customer focus,
- concurrent development of products and processes,
- early and continuous life cycle planning,
- maximize flexibility for optimization and use of contractor unique approaches,
- encourage robust design and improved process capability,
- event-driven scheduling,
- multidisciplinary teamwork,
- seamless management tools,
- proactive identification and management risk .
Customer Relevant Vehicle Characteristics
The task of the design team is usually split into three main aspects:
exterior design, interior design, and color and trim design. Graphic design is also an aspect of automotive design; this is generally shared amongst the design team as the lead designer sees fit. The design focuses not only on the isolated outer shape of automobile parts, but concentrates on the combination of form and function, starting from the vehicle package.
The aesthetic value will need to correspond to ergonomic functionality and utility features as well. In particular, vehicular electronic components and parts will give more challenges to automotive designers who are required to update on the latest information and knowledge associated with emerging vehicular gadgetry, particularly mobile devices , like GPS navigation, satellite radio, HD radio, mobile TV, MP3 players, video playback, and smartphone interfaces, iOT. Though not all the new vehicular gadgets are to be designated as factory standard items, some of them may be integral to determining the future course of any specific vehicular models.
System and Subsystem Experience
- Concept Development
- Styling & Surfacing
- Homologation & Compliance
- Reverse engineering & Bench Marking,
- BOM, Localization
- Detail design & development
- Packaging & System integration
- Design DFMEA, Validation & Optimization
- Manufacturing Process development
- VAVE ideas, to help reduce cost
- EV Module based design
- Design Calculations
- Proficient with Manufacturing support activity.
- Design & Development of Jigs & Fixture and Equipment Tooling (GHE, GSE, PME & FME).
- GD & T
- Manufacturing & Structural Assembly Tools Design and Composite Tool design.
- Prototyping & Manufacturing support.
- Process Planning and Improvements. Process Flow PFMEA, Control Plan
- Virtual manufacturing and Simulations.
- Collaboration with testing labs facilities and Consultancy
- Test Plan Development
- Test Plan Checklist Creation
- Jigs & Fixture Detailing & Designing & Validation
- Prototype testing
- Material Coupon Testing
- Fatigue Testing
- Strength and Stiffness Testing
- 4-Post RLD Vibration
- Corrosion Testing
- NDT – Dye Penetration Test
- Legacy data conversion
- 2D & 3D Design, Detailing & Drafting
- Product Packaging
- BOM, Math Per VDP
- Engineering Change Request
- Design standardization
- GD & T, Tolerance Stacking
- VA &VE Studies
- DFM, DFA
- Engineering custom application development and maintenance.
- Data integration services.
- Reliability engineering.
- Engineering data application support.
- Component Level tool development Support
- BIW Welding Fixture
- Testing Fixtures
- Die Designs, Sheet metal Forming
- Injection Mould designs
- Rapid Prototyping
- Tooling Design
- Forming Simulation
- Vendor supply management
Design Verification (CAE) – Heads-up
- BIW Global Bending and Torsional Stiffness analysis
- Component Strength & Stiffness
- Chassis static Abuse and Fatigue loads
- BIW Dynamic Fatigue / Spot-weld Evaluation
- Panel Abuse Cases – Oil Canning & Dent Resistance
- Seating Specific Analysis
- Closures Specific Analysis
- Interior Specific analysis
- Normal Modes Analysis
- Component Modes Analysis
- Modal Mapping
- Panel Participation
- Dynamic Stiffness / Point Mobility / NTF
- Complete Vehicle Modal Performance
- Model Integrity Checks
- Front / Side / Rear Impact (Low & High Speed)
- Roof Crush / Strength
- Interior Head Impact
- Occupant Protection / Seat-Seat Belt Pull
- Pedestrian Protection
- Low Speed Bumper
- Specific Vehicle (Truck) cases
- Topology Optimization
- Topography Optimization
- Attachment / Joining Methods
- Single discipline or multi disciplinary
- Optimization for Mass, Cost and Manufacturability
- Optimization for Strength and Stiffness
- Component/Part level
- Sub-System level
- Complete Vehicle level
- Mold flow Modeling
- CFD modeling
- Full Vehicle Integration
- Metal Forming for die face design evaluation
- Stamping Process, Strip layout
- Single and Multi steps
- Buckling, wrinkling, tearing, and other negatives
- Spring back
- Material Utilization
Jigs and Fixtures Design
We offer design services for
- Machining Fixtures
- Assembly Fixtures
- Welding Fixtures
- Checking Fixtures
Our services include
- Creation of detailed 2D Drawings
- Alignment with datasheet specifications
- Preparation of process sheet
- Preparation of Bill of Materials and Cost estimates
- Compliance with Industry/Clients’ standards
We offer services for
- Process Planning
- Design (Concept Design, 3D Finish, 2D Detailing, BOM)
The growing importance of Manufacturing Engineering
We live in an age of rapid innovation, complex technology and sustainability. Naturally, the job of a Manufacturing Engineer has become even more important. Organizations, both public and private, are crying out for Manufacturing Engineers because they have diverse analytical skills, especially skills in integrating technology with commercial and organizational solutions.
Highlights of Sukhena Consulting: Setting up of Green field Manufacturing Plants for production of Sheet Metal Bumper & Seating